Many of us find that to grow and progress in our life and work, we need to undertake personal and professional development. But what does personal or professional development actually mean? And what do you need to do to put a development plan in place? Read our guide below to find out! What is personal
Updated October 6
It can be a thankless task sending your CV out to agencies when times are tough. Sometimes, you don’t hear back from the agency and cannot fathom why they have not called you in to register, particularly when you feel that your CV is perfect for the role you have applied for.
Tiger Recruitment receives over 500 CVs a day and we are not alone! The truth of the situation is that there is just not enough time in the day for us to get back to all candidates. This is not because you are a bad candidate; it is simply that you do not have the right skills or experience for the job are recruiting for. That said, if you are not suitable for a particular job, but we feel you might be suitable for a position coming up in the near future, then we might bring you in for a general registration.
However, there are ways to improve your chances of joining an agency’s books:
1. Make sure you do your research before applying to a recruitment agency. Figure out which roles they recruit for – after all, there’s no point being on the books of an agency that doesn’t recruit for your desired job position.
2. Do not mass apply. Make sure you only apply to those jobs that you are interested in and where you have the necessary skills and experience we have asked for.
3. In the same vein, please don’t randomly apply for jobs.
4. If you are unsuccessful in your current application (you will hear from a consultant within 3-5 working days if your application is successful) then please do apply to other positions, should you meet the conditions of point one above.
5. Do write a cover letter or email explaining why you think you suitable for a particular position.
6. Do not follow up with more than one phone call.
7. If you have already registered but have seen a job that you’d be interested in and we haven’t already contacted you about it, please do apply.
Hopefully with these tips, you’ll soon be on your way to a new job!
Browse our live jobs as a first step to finding your perfect role!