Receiving that ‘Congratulations…’ email after weeks of applications, interviews and stress can be a huge rush. You spring out of bed buzzing with energy, get to the office an hour…
Sometimes, looking for a job can make you feel like you’re running around in a circle and not getting anywhere. Here are some simple steps to get you out of this rut, improving your chances and hopefully putting you on the path to a new position!
1. Ask your recruitment consultant for advice on your CV. They view up to 100 CVs a day and know what a good and bad CV looks like. Therefore, they can offer fantastic tips on how to spruce it up so you can put your best foot forward.
2. Follow your consultant’s suggestions, especially if it’s about amending your CV. This will make your recruitment process more efficient. They are professionals in their field and know how their clients work and what they are looking for.
3. Ask and listen to their advice on current job market.
4. Be clear as to what you are looking for and your salary requirements. This will help in the agency’s database search when looking for suitable candidates for a particular role. You will appear where appropriate and will stop your consultant contacting you with roles that are not of interest to you.
5. Communicate! Should a consultant send you a job, get back to them as soon as reasonably possible. Should they leave you a voicemail, call back as soon you’ve seen it. Should you be interviewing, make sure to call your consultant with feedback as soon as you’re finished. The fast-moving market means speed is of the essence and not communicating efficiently can harm your prospects. If you are looking for a temporary job, it is worth keeping your consultant updated with your availability.
6. When interviewing, be polite! Your interview starts as soon as you walk into the building so it’s essential you are kind to everyone you come across. From the receptionist to other colleagues, treating everyone with respect will go a long way.
7. Keep an eye out for new roles. Tiger’s app (available for both iPhone and Android) allows you to set a job alert for particular positions, so if anything new turns up, you’ll be notified straight away. We also post all our roles on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, so by following us, you’ll be able to stay up to date on the latest offerings.
The current candidate-led market means there are lots of roles available for candidates with a wide range of skills. Get in touch today to see how we can help your job hunt!