London (City of) SALARY: £50,000 - £65,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
My client is a mix of researchers, designers and technologists based in a bright and energetic studio in Shoreditch. They’re committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products.
The company was founded as a UX and Design agency, specialising in video-on-demand products for clients like Channel 4 and ITV in 2006. Since then, they’ve built on our excellent reputation, expanding into the sports industry and building up our technical capabilities, allowing us to deliver products end-to-end.
Today, they’re proud to deliver flagship products for major broadcast and sports organisations, including Formula 1, BBC, Arsenal, and Channel 4, right down to tiny startups who can benefit from their expertise. They operate at the high end of their markets, working with clients who want to innovate, and who appreciate the importance of user insights.
How they work
They hire people who know their craft and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. They believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audiences’ motivations and anxieties.
They work in cross-discipline project teams, who are given full ownership of their delivery and client relationships. Teams work in scrum methodologies and are encouraged to hone their approach, finding the right blend of ceremonies and tools for them and their client. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
As a UI designer, you’ll work with peers who genuinely care about the craft of design, and constantly challenge themselves to improve the way they conceive and execute design systems. You’ll be integral in the process of defining and designing the products you create; they don’t treat UI design as an afterthought, and you’re not just here to ‘make things look pretty’.
You’ll also benefit from working with our vastly experienced Design Director, who has spent his career designing groundbreaking products for clients like BBC, Arsenal, BFI and Channel 4. He remains hands-on with the UI team, passing on his considerable expertise and helping designers realise their full potential.
They’re looking for a talented UI Designer to join the Product Design team in their Shoreditch studio. You’ll report to their Design Director, and receive guidance and support from their Senior UI Designer and of course the rest of the team.
- A designer with a desire to work on real consumer products that form part of people's daily lives
- Aware of design trends but not dictated by them; an original thinker who enjoys creating products beyond the norm
- Excited to work on projects end to end, from product strategy and definition through to iteration beyond launch
- Systematic in your approach to product design languages; simplification, consistency and efficiency are important to you
- A rapid prototyper; happy to use a myriad of tools to explore design solutions in differing fidelities
You’ll work with:
- UX, to design the product structure, interaction paradigms, layout, UI and workflows
- User Insights, to thoroughly understand the audience you’re designing for
- Developers and QAs, to understand the technical considerations affecting the product
- Clients, leading them through the process and theory of design, enabling them to have thoughtful interaction with us about the things that matter.
You’ll get to:
- Work with one of the most talented and supportive Product Design teams in London
- Execute design on large projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies. You’ll supervise the UI Design team on smaller projects
- Create beautiful, intuitive, and innovative design systems, across UI, interaction and motion design. Use a wide range of design, prototyping and animation software to do so
- Improve both yourself and the UI Design team, and help to shape the direction of our design offering in the years to come
- Keep yourself and the UI Design team informed on developments in the industry such as graphical trends, new interaction patterns and shifts in technology
We will provide:
- A cycle-to-work scheme
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break
- Company Pension Scheme
- The option to work remotely and discuss flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays
- Studio shut down over the Christmas period (3 days)
- They also offer non-deductible Compassionate leave, Appointment leave & Parental leave
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy
- Inclusive Language Policy
- Breastfeeding for Mothers Policy
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 20 Nov 2022 JOB ID: NC/HQ00028399