Temporary Finance Assistant
London (West End) SALARY: £13 - £18 PER: Hour TERM: Temporary
This is an opportunity to work for an exceptional charity which supports refugees and asylum seekers. Based in central London, the organisation is looking to find a Temporary Finance Assistant who will carry out a combination of accounts and administrative duties. This role is to start as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Process invoices on Concur – check invoices to ensure all details are correct (including checking bank details on Sage accounting software).
- Process staff expenses on Concur – check expenses for receipts and documentation to ensure expenses are correct and in line with our policy.
- Maintain the system for Car Mileage Claims (e.g. ensure valid Car Insurance Certificates are provided)
- To compile documents and information required by auditors.
- To carry out appropriate administrative tasks (e.g. word-processing, filing etc) in support of her/his own work and the Team’s as necessary
- To respond to queries received from all staff and suppliers.
- To set up new supplier and staff accounts on sage.
- Scanning of incoming post
- To process weekly BACS payment runs
- Manage our online interpreter payment system and respond to queries from staff and interpreters
- To process bi-weekly interpreter payment run
- Credit card admin – requesting cards; sending out monthly statements; update active credit card spreadsheet
- To pay in cheques at bank and post banked cheques to Sage.
- To process expenses including credit card expenses on Concur & posting to Sage
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Ability to compile and input data, and use Windows-based software packages (preferably Microsoft Office: spreadsheets, databases, word-processing packages), with the ability to produce information materials
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Good spoken English and written communication skills
- Basic research skills and the ability to compile information.
- Commitment to and understanding of the principles of confidentiality, impartiality and equality of opportunity
- Ability to work constructively and sensitively with a wide range of colleagues, counterparts in other agencies and user representatives.
- · Flexible approach to tasks undertaken
- · Experience of using Sage accounting software desirable.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
£13.00 - £18.00 per hour depending on experience
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 14 Nov 2022 JOB ID: BB/RAFA/27947