Service Desk Technician
UK (Regional) SALARY: £28,000 - £34,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
I am looking for a Service Desk Technician with 2-4yrs experience, reporting to the Service Desk Supervisor. You will be providing technical support to employees and customers 3 days a week on-site in Bicester, Oxfordshire. Utilizing primarily independent decision making the individual will, research, respond to, and resolve problems, or will occasionally escalate problems to more senior team members. There is a strong focus on customer service, as this position is the front line for all service requests.
- Manage user physical and logical security (including adds/deletes/changes & audits) for a variety of systems.
- Utilize specialized technical skill set to provide hardware, software and network consultation and support onsite and over the phone for internal and external clients.
- Respond to client requests in a timely fashion.
- Independently investigate, research, resolve and document end-user problems.
- Provide routine maintenance and troubleshooting of business equipment including, but not limited to, computers, laptops, monitors, desktop phones, projectors, webcams, printers, copiers, and optical scanners by responding to telephone calls, emails, tickets, and other technical support requests.
- Perform lifecycle replacements of various end-user equipment.
- Maintain current expertise in the operation and application of standard workstation hardware and software.
- Assist senior-level team members in various infrastructure projects.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Applicable Microsoft / CompTIA or equivalent industry certifications preferred.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in Technical Support.
- Some Project Management experience is desired.
- Broad knowledge of desktop and laptop computer hardware.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office toolset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and make judgements to accomplish goals and deadlines.
No sponsorship for this position.
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 21 May 2023 JOB ID: NC/HQ00029316