Service Desk Engineer
UK (regional) SALARY: £20,000 - £25,000 PER: Annum TERM: Contract
I am looking for a Service Desk Engineer for my client who have helped some of the world’s most respected luxury hotel, travel and retail brands deliver exceptional customer experiences.
This position is working into the Service Desk Manager to provide efficient, friendly and productive customer support with a focus on quick responses and timely resolutions.
This role is 100% remote. Flexibility required for out-of-hours work is required as sometimes supporting the far east or the USA
- Receive, manage, tag and resolve service desk tickets for my clients’ Experience Platform suite, working to agreed SLAs.
- Documenting procedures, fixes and other useful information as part of a working service desk. Ensuring best practice and/or regulated security standards are met.
- Highlighting and resolving any potential or existing security and vulnerability.
- Investigating error logs, monitoring data, API calls and other areas to highlight potential incidents and problem causes.
- Effective and prompt escalation of urgent issues to the relevant departments within supporting my clients’ customers.
- Providing effective, empathetic, engaging support and guidance to their Product and Services end-users.
- Ensuring support to clients meets or exceeds the requirements of the SLA/SOW/Contract/Arrangement.
- Creating performance reports and providing accompanying analysis/advice for internal stakeholders.
- Some proof of technical proficiency
- AWS cloud practitioner or equivalent
- Other AWS or Azure certifications
Essential technical skills:
Extremely competent in:
- System management and diagnostics for Linux, including command-line familiarity
- Securing and documenting systems from an infosec perspective
- Database management and administration
- Use of APIs and SaaS GUIs and CLIs to investigate and resolve issues
- Working within ITSM and Knowledge Base tools (e.g. Freshdesk, GetGuru)
Desirable technical skills:
- Managing and configuring other cloud-based environments e.g. Azure, GCP
- Familiarity with various database systems, primarily PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Setting up and maintaining deployment pipelines and environments
- Programming competency to aid in application-level support / debugging and custom deployment / CI pipeline behaviour.
- Familiarity with Git.
Essential commercial experience:
- Managing multiple environments for multiple products
- Working to SLAs
- Working within multiple areas of service desk
- Working directly with clients’ senior management
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies.
- Passionate about providing great service
- Excellent written communication in English
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 30 Nov 2022 JOB ID: NC/HQ00028398