Senior Professional Practice and Education Coordinator
Dubai, UAE SALARY: 15,000 AED - 17,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
We are seeking a highly resourceful, experienced, and inspiring individual for the role of Senior Professional Practice & Education Coordinator. This individual will be responsible for overseeing and expanding the training programs for design and art enthusiasts, covering adult and child education programs run by the company. Collaborating closely with the Education & Outreach Coordinator, Membership Coordinator, Design Team, and Gallery Manager to ensure alignment with gallery scheduling, design fairs and programs and customer interests.
Programming in the studios focus on but not limited to activating the existing studios which include, Design Technology, Jewelry, Laser cutting, 3D printing both in Clay and PLA, Silk Screen, Manual Printmaking and Digital Printmaking using the risograph and sublimation printing Fiber, Pottery, Photography, Photography Darkroom, Children’s dedicated Workshops and Fine Art Studios.
- Develop and implement a high-quality workshops and studio and engagement programs both theory and practical for adults and children, aligning with the company mission and goals.
- Teach Workshops with the skills and knowledge you have, as well as giving lectures and moderate panel discussions.
- Collaborate with the Education & Outreach Coordinator to write, design and curate workshops that cater to both professional practitioners and beginners in design and art.
- Ensure the program is dynamic, innovative, and responsive to emerging trends in the art and design industry.
- Collaborate and plan out workshops with the artists on the Critical Practice Program, work with each on a schedule of art workshops in their strongest medium. Schedule lectures and panel discussion and critique session. Schedule required for each is 48 hours of teaching annually that participants on the program must give back for being sponsored on the year program. They must be competent and well versed in the workshops they lead.
- Collaborate and plan out workshops with the designers from the company Program, each participant should cover 48 hours of teaching design workshops at the company within the year that they are on the program.
- Develop reading groups, theoretical sessions and courses and lectures with professional designers and artists in both Arabic and English.
- Develop and keep a database and background on all instructors and teachers who freelance or are potential future instructors to lead workshops, lectures, talks and annual programs.
- Work with the studio and engagement team to program the children’s annual art camps, afterschool and weekend annual workshops for the Junior design, art and engineering programs to build up interest and key skills for different age groups, and create future members, artists and designers.
- Utilize creative staff key skills, and program them into the annual teaching schedule.
Scheduling and Coordination:
- Work closely with the Membership Coordinator, Design Team, and Gallery Manager to coordinate workshops at company locations, covering all creative studios and mediums available. Locations include Nad Al Sheba, Maker Space in Alserkal and Al Safa Library.
- Work with the gallery manager on scheduling and co-ordinate public talks, panel discussions and other activities accompanying exhibitions and major events.
- Plan, coordinate, and give suggestions for offsite workshops at the Al Safa Art and Design Library, as well as other locations during events and art fairs as and when required.
- Develop an annual program that outlines the schedule and content of workshops to optimize profitability, participation, and overall experience.
- Develop an annual program that coincides with the exhibitions that happen in the gallery, and work with the gallery manager to program workshops, talks and lectures with the exhibiting artist who also have knowledge and skills to pass forward with teaching.
- Working on co-ordinate creative learning activities by visiting artists/designers-in- residents, exhibitors and UAE based artist’s studio visits and critique sessions.
- Define workshop expenditure, minimum capacity and determine price according to the workshop formula
- Obtain approval in a timely manner from Finance on the price of workshops prior to public release.
- Work with the Education & Outreach Coordinator and studio assistants to maintain workshop material and equipment inventory. Keep a record of materials used for workshops. Recommend purchases as and when required.
- Create a regular schedule to meet the Marketing & Sales team, and provide material to be used for the design, production, and distribution of promotional material ahead of time for workshops, talks and other activities to ensure collateral and marketing are prepared and launched to gain interest and engagement
- Monitor workshop bookings taken through the website, reception, and other points of sale. Sessions under capacity should be cancelled/postponed subject to approval of the General Manager. Sessions that are over-subscribed should be rectified or repeated.
- Liaise with Finance on workshop cancellations and refunds.
- Liaise with Reception on the accurate registration of paid workshop participants.
- Assist instructors in the delivery of workshops when necessary and deliver workshops directly befitting individual’s skills and expertise.
- Undertake instructor and participant evaluation of workshops, lectures and talks, and submit reports at the end of each season to General Manager.
- Ensure the studio and engagement programme comply with health, safety standards at all times.
- Provide cover for the Education & Outreach Coordinator in the event of emergency leave, holiday and illness.
- Conduct tours of the company space and its exhibitions and provide general information
- Research ideas to promote and develop the company and look for new opportunities that could contribute to the future growth and success
- Make a positive contribution to the development of the company as a whole
- Be an active and supportive member of the staff team.
- Any other reasonable duties that arise to fulfil the objectives of the role.
Educational Background and Experience:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience at the high school or university level in the fields of design or art.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of pedagogical principles and effective teaching methodologies.
Networking and Collaboration:
- Foster strong relationships with industry professionals, educators, and artists to enhance the educational offerings and reputation of the company.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure seamless integration of educational programs with gallery exhibitions and other initiatives.
Marketing and Promotion:
- Work closely with the Marketing team to promote educational programs through various channels, including social media, newsletters, and community outreach.
- Implement strategies to maximize program visibility, attract participants, and generate revenue.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (Design or Art Education)
- Proven track record of at least 5 years of teaching experience.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current trends and technical developments in the art and design industry.
- Languages Spoken Written and Spoken Arabic and English.
- Excellent knowledge of the visual arts and design field in the UAE
- A wide and varied network of professional contacts and relationships
- Experience of project development and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Experience of evaluating own work and measuring project impacts.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good IT and numeracy skills
- A good self-motivator, creative thinker with a flexible approach.
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements and health and safety standards
- Knowledge of school, further and higher education policy, practice, and curriculum developments
This job description is not an exhaustive description of duties. You will be required to adopt a flexible approach to your role and responsibilities. In particular, from time to time, you may be required to undertake such alternative or additional duties as may be commensurate with your skills, experience and capabilities.
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 09 Feb 2024 JOB ID: ZC-T-EDUC