Senior Accountant – DIFC
Middle East SALARY: 23,500 AED - 25,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
Purpose of Position
Supporting the local leadership and consultants with a focus predominantly on the Middle East region, you will be responsible for helping the Accounts receivable, Working Capital and VAT as well as other ad-hoc areas when the need arises. The ME finance team consists of 10 members.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Raising invoices and credit notes for all the ME entities. Invoices tend to be quite complex with many deliverables and the added complexity of arranging the invoices to be translated into Arabic as well as e-invoicing for KSA invoices. The challenges you will face are a lack of information from the consultants, referring to the contracts for billing details (sometimes in Arabic), arranging translation of invoices, compiling actual receipts for some clients, change requests from the project team (usually the amounts) & keeping track of manually raised commercial invoices in KSA for reporting
• Responsible for processing expense recharges for travel in KSA and job recharges requested by the project team
• Responsible for instructing the Shared Services team to write off and close jobs. Ensuring all expenses and time is added to the job
• Supporting local finance audits
• Supporting the local team in KSA by providing documentation to meet local reporting requirements
• Executes IFRS-GAAP accounting policies and procedures and ensures compliance. Ensures month-end account reconciliation in agreed areas are performed and seek help to correct any unidentified balances/mis-postings in the following month
• Supports the preparation of Saudi Statutory accounts by an outsourced service provider by providing documentation associated with WIP & AR
• Ensures compliance with internal controls and policies as well as regulatory and statutory requirements
• Coordinating and supervising the booking of travel and hotel costs in collaboration with the Shared Services Team and the local travel agents and ensuring these are booked in the correct job codes and on time.
• Ensuring that the hotels and the travel agents are paid timely through coordination with AP Accountants in scheduling payments, and that any issues identified are rectified in a timely manner
• Support the finance manager and local tax agents by providing documentation for the VAT and WHT submissions as well as supporting in the preparation for the monthly returns
• Supporting in the preparation of journals and balance sheet reconciliations of the relevant accounts and ensuring that transactions are cleared on time in liaison with the shared services team.
• Assist with issuing bid & Performance bonds on projects, liaising with the consultants for missing information, dealing with local/global banks to ensure the bond is issued on time. Maintaining a bond list and closing expired bonds
• Reviews and contributes ideas to improve internal policies
• Commercial astuteness
• Willing to be hands on where necessary
• Strong organization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong accounting, analytical, numerical, and structural skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and an understanding of Modern Accounting software systems and workflow, ideally SAP, Analysis for office, Power BI and Alteryx (desirable)
• Self-driven, highly motivated team player who understands the implications of collaborating in a truly global environment
• Ability to work independently and a willingness to look at the detail where necessary.
• Ability to maintain highest degree of precision even under significant time pressure
• Ability to challenge the consultants around their knowledge of invoicing/VAT Technical Skills
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance and accounting standards
• IFRS – Revenue Recognition • Local GAAP (among ME countries) an advantage
• Strong knowledge of audit and tax, Working Capital cycle including reserves
• Good knowledge of issuing bonds and guarantees
• Excellent command of both oral and written English
• Strong excel and database skills required (Power BI, Alteryx desirable)
• Strong excel skills • Arabic speaker is an advantage but not critical
• University degree, preferably in finance
• Studying for, or completed an internationally recognized Certified/Chartered accountant qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA
• Professional services industry experience desirable, but not essential.
• Minimum 3 years in a Big 4 or within an Accounts Receivable in a sizeable global organization in the Middle East region
• SAP R3 financial application experience preferred
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 02 Nov 2022 JOB ID: ZCSNRACCDIFC