Project Design Manager – Fujairah (Arabic Speaker)
Dubai, UAE SALARY: 24,000 AED - 24,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
Project Design Manager (Arabic Speaker)
This role is paying 20,000 - 25,000 AED and the location is Fujairah.
Project Design Manager - Fitouts will be a key member of the Project division and will have responsibility for managing a combination of technical, design and fit-outs and in assisting to translate design concepts to reality for our Clients. This will require close collaboration with external professional consultants or contractors to integrate requirements and meet overall project objectives. Ensure issued information meets regulatory site requirements and ensure the design meets the client’s requirements and specifications.
Outline of Duties:
• Review the contract documents (drawings and specification related to his discipline) and advises the Project Manager of any deficiency.
• Review and approve Contractor’s submittals, related to his discipline, and ensure its compliance with 3Ds /concept design, contract requirements and properly coordinated with other disciplines.
• Review and monitor shop drawings logs, related to each Project, and ensure its compliance with design requirements, contact requirements, properly coordinated with other disciplines and submitted as per the approved schedules.
• Review and monitor Logs and approval of Materials, related to his discipline, ensuring compliance with contract requirements and submitted as per approved Project Construction schedule. Any deviation from project specification shall be notified to the PM /Construction Manager vide Material Approval Request (MAR) Verification form.
• Regular visits to Project sites to ensure quality of work is in compliance with contact requirements, good construction practice, only approved materials are used, compliance with shop drawings, and report any deviations to General Manager.
• Make sure that external contractors have submitted the Method Statement (MS), Quality Control Procedure (QCP) and inspection & Test Plan prior to stating the relevant activity. Inspection & Test Plans and other Quality Verification Forms address all necessary information outlined in the project specification.
• Review and approval of Method Statement (MS), Quality Control Procedure (QCP) and Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) as submitted by Contractor/supplier and ensure its compliance with all contract requirements.
• Participate in reviewing site Design Changes, related to his discipline, as submitted from design team by giving the technical position addressing any foreseen cost and Time Impact.
• Support Cost Engineer in technical assessment part of cost Notices or approved variations and claims if raised by contractor.
• Advise project management team on non-compliance cases during site visits.
• Regular spot checks of material delivered to site via MIR material inspection request, and direct the relevant site team to continue inspection of stored materials on site to ensure it is as per approved materials and in good condition.
• Closely monitor fit out subcontractor’s site performance and advises the Project Manager in case of deficiency or poor performance.
• Technical support to PMT Planning Engineer in respect to precedence of activities related to his discipline and optimum duration of each activity.
• Attend site & technical Meetings with PTM, sub-Contractor, and Weekly Progress Meetings.
• Ensure full coordination between all other Departments / Trades has been carried out for all External and Internal MEP services.
• Review O&M operation & maintenance manuals of trades related to his discipline and ensure compliance with contract requirements.
• Review As-Built drawings related to his discipline as submitted by CLIENT Contractor. As built drawing shall be properly coordinated with the site Inspection Team to make sure that it matches all site changes.
• Witness pre-commissioning & commissioning activities related to his discipline and ensure full compliance with project requirements.
• Make sure that any non-conformity has been reported and documented through a Non-Conformance Report (NCR).
• Follow Fitout Execution process at all times and keep upgrading it based on the best outcomes.
• Min 10 years’ employment history in the Interior fitout field and have experience working with consultant companies in the GCC market.
• Experience working as client representative is a must.
• Exposure working in high end residential or hospitality projects is a must.
• Should be a graduate of Architecture.
• Available to join within 2 weeks.
• Strong in technical skill and client management skills.
• Arabic speaking is a must.
• The role might require travelling to project sites or inspection to production facilities.
• Work location: Fujairah / Full time
• Work days: 5 days per week
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 22 May 2023 JOB ID: AH0622SPDM