Private Chef, Mayfair (Maternity cover)
London (West End) SALARY: £35,000 - £35,000 PER: Annum TERM: Contract
Tiger Private is looking for a Private Chef with a friendly, warm nature to cook for an active diplomat in London. You will be based between their residence in Belgravia and a small, but busy embassy in Mayfair.
This is a full time maternity cover role from February to December 2021.
Candidates must have 1-3 years’ experience working in private households.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Coordinating with the Head Housekeeper, you will be responsible for menu planning, grocery shopping and cooking. You will cook simple, healthy meals with impeccable presentation skills for the Ambassador on a daily basis. On some occasions and with advance notice, you will be required to cook more complex lunches and dinners for high profile guests.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Buying ingredients and preparing meals on a daily basis/in advance according to the Ambassador’s schedule
- Preparing canapés for receptions or aperitifs for private parties
- Setting the table and serving guests or arranging for a butler to be hired for 4+ guests
- Cleaning the kitchen and maintaining high hygiene standards
- Keeping track of all expenses and preparing receipts and invoices
- Assisting the household and embassy staff with ad hoc duties where required
WHO YOU ARE
The right candidates will be culinary school trained and/or have some experience working in a private household. My client requires someone confident and self sufficient who is able to manage the process from A to Z.
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 9am-4/5pm
Salary is around £35,000 gross per annum DOE
POSTED: 31 Dec 2020 JOB ID: AFCHEFMAT1923