Practice Assistant – Saudi National
Middle East SALARY: 16,000 AED - 19,500 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
Our client is looking for a practice assistant to join their office in Riyadh.
The practice assistant performs a wide range of secretarial, administrative and legal office procedures either in an assignment or as an unassigned team member. The practice assistant position requires the ability to perform duties of a responsible and confidential nature with the ability to multi-task for several people. The practice assistant position requires the ability to organize and expedite workflow of lawyer/legal staff members. The practice assistant will perform any other duties as required by the Firm.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service to lawyers, clients and visitors;
- Serve as a liaison between administrative departments and legal staff in the Firm;
- Answer, screen, and place calls in a professional manner;
- Take accurate messages and promptly inform lawyers of the messages taken;
- Communicate clearly and accurately any issues with workload to the assigned lawyers on a timely basis;
- Interpret instructions to produce quality documents and keep legal staff updated with the status of their work and any problems encountered with systems or programs;
- Prioritize, manage multiple assignments and communicate the status of assignments in a timely manner;
- Meet and greet clients in a professional manner;
- Show discretion and keep information confidential when necessary;
- Work in a team environment and provide secretarial support to multiple lawyers/legal staff, including assisting with handling overflow work where necessary.
- Demonstrate proficiency, or the ability to quickly acquire this, in the use of the Firm’s software programs including but not limited to MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Document Management System - iManage, practice related software and the use of office equipment such as PDF scanners, copiers, and fax machines;
- Identify, solve, or report technical problems for rapid resolution;
- Draft grammatically correct routine letters, memos, reports, e-mails, faxes etc., in proper White & Case housestyle and format;
- Proofread and edit correspondence to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Print and file correspondence;
- Create, organize and maintain hard copy and electronic files;
- Draft and submit diaries;
- Maintain client and matter lists;
- Create and maintain Outlook contacts and e-mail distribution lists.
- Plan and organize workflow to comply with established time constraints in order to meet deadlines;
- Carry out projects assigned effectively and on a timely basis;
- Work in an organized and efficient manner;
- Use good judgment at all times; ask follow up questions if instructions are unclear;
- Show excellent attention to detail and be familiar with the resources available;
- Have a thorough knowledge of department and Firm procedures and uphold all rules and procedures;
- Keep required files up to date and easily accessible for use by team members;
- Make travel arrangements (including transportation, accommodation and meals), and prepare business itineraries;
- Contact Concierge service for conference room and additional needs of meetings, set up conference calls, when needed;
- Prepare Client Bills for Partners;
- Prepare forms for practice specific needs;
- Update legal handbooks etc.
Skills and Experience
- Fluent English and Arabic: verbal, reading and writing;
- Relevant practice assistant experience of working in a busy professional corporate service environment;
- Experience in a medium-sized or large Global Law Firm;
- Legal practice assistant training/ certified;
- Candidates must have the initiative, commitment and self-confidence to play a supporting role in a fast-paced environment led by ambitious professionals;
- Candidates must be highly support-focused, with an excellent ability to multi-task, prioritise work, have the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels and enjoy working in a team environment.
** SAUDI NATIONALS ONLY**
** UP TO 20,000 SAR PER MONTH**
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 18 Nov 2022 JOB ID: ZCPASAUDI