Marketing Development and Sales Manager
Middle East SALARY: 25,000 AED - 30,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
MARKETING DEVELOPMENT & SALES MANAGER
Located within the Marketing team, the Marketing & Sales Manager works closely with and oversees the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, the Marketing & Sales Coordinator, the Senior Graphic Designer and the Assistant Design Coordinator. The team markets promote and sell the organisations’ offering of membership, retail products, art and design sales, commercial services, and a seasonal programme of paying workshops and talks, lectures, training, exhibitions, and events to achieve maximum footfall and sales performance. This is in addition to maintaining the client’s reputation as a thought leader within the UAE creative and cultural industries.
PLANNING & REPORTING
- Develop annual marketing and sales operational plan and implement monthly schedule to achieve brand awareness and business growth for the three locations. Targeting key audiences for each; sales of membership, facilities, workshops, equipment hire, merchandise, artwork, and design products.
- Create and manage a sales plan for each department of the team and ensure sales targets for each department are met.
- Manage the performance of the marketing and sales team to ensure staff have effective and deliverable tasks and are working towards targets.
- Work with the marketing and graphics team to create marketing campaigns generating interest, which lead to future opportunities.
- Provide monthly sales and marketing reports to Deputy Director and maintain effective systems for planning, scheduling and internal communication of marketing and sales activities. Analyse the effectiveness of campaigns against sales and pivot when needed.
- Oversee the management of the archive image library of photography, film and audio to be archived and used when necessary for marketing and exposure.
- Undertake any special projects in Sales/Marketing as set out by the Director and Deputy Director.
- Build a loyalty program for regular customers.
- Oversee all press and publicity campaigns coordinated by the Marketing & Communications Coordinator. Ensure that
- PR agency is providing optimum service.
- Work with the PR agency in order to identify key platforms to be showcased on, and specifically selected national and international press to feature.
- Identify locations for direct & experiential marketing backed by online marketing and create and implement a plan for sales of all services.
- Oversee the management of the database and its use. Ensure that the database is accurate and up to date and that the organizational database policy is followed.
- Identify individual art collectors, organizations, and commercial properties with art collections in the market nationally and internationally; and build a professional relationship with them to be able to be a service provider for them.
- Identify upcoming property developers and existing hotels / commercial spaces to be able to provide custom and bespoke art and design commissions for them.
- Oversee the team’s duties regarding the preparation, design and production of all printed and online marketing material and ensure quality control of the work produced (from seasonal brochures, workshop flyers and gallery catalogues to e-newsletters, social media posts, invitations and greeting cards); including the collection of all necessary information to deadline, including copywriting, translation, selecting photographs and negotiating with photographers, film companies, printers and distribution.
- Manage the development of the website as an e-commerce platform and knowledge & advocacy leader in the region and oversee implementation of the annual plan.
- Evaluate all digital marketing campaigns across social media platforms while understanding market competitors, ensuring the maximum effectiveness of sales and marketing tools.
- Troubleshoot as and when required to ensure creative content and timely project execution.
- Represent the company at relevant meetings and events. Make the marketing and sales-related presentations as and when appropriate.
ADVERTISING & DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain relationships with existing customers and build the buyer base.
- Negotiate consignment contracts with suitable third-party retailers
- Develop cost-effective online advertising campaigns based on approved budgets that address the organisational and project requirements and oversee their implementation.
- Nurture existing partnerships and develop new relationships to ensure the client's profile is high nationally, regionally, and internationally and that its reputation as a leader of contemporary art and design practice grows.
- Identify brand-appropriate potential sponsorship opportunities with the Deputy Director.
- Third level education qualification in marketing
- 5-7+ years of experience in marketing and/or brand management in the commercial sector
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Excellent written and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and as part of a small team
- Budgeting and organisational ability including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritise effectively
- Track record of successful sales and marketing campaigns
- Track record in social media and online marketing
- Experience in working in partnership with other organisations to develop joint marketing initiatives
- Knowledge of Google analytics
- Relevant computer skills for marketing and promoting the arts
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Own transport with a valid UAE driving license
This job description is not an exhaustive description of duties. You will be required to adopt a flexible approach to your role and responsibilities. In particular, from time to time, you may be required to undertake such alternative or additional duties as may be commensurate with your skills, experience and capabilities.
In addition to the above, the Employer may at any time require the Employee to undertake any additional and/or challenging duties, provided that the same shall be reasonably requested and fall within the normal requirements, obligations, and duties of the Position.
Salary AED 25,000- 30,000
POSTED: 19 May 2022 JOB ID: ZCMA8893