Legal Secretary – TEMPORARY
Dubai, UAE SALARY: 20,000 AED - 25,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Temporary
Meetings and Travel Management
- Manage fee earners’ calendars
- Arrange conference calls, meetings, VCs, catering
- Coordinate all travel arrangements, including flights, taxis, accommodation and expense forms as appropriate
- Prepare and collate papers ahead of meetings
- Monitor emails promptly as required and forward/action as necessary
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Answering and screening telephone calls, if requested.
- Schedules couriers and other vendors for pick-up of documents for errands such as filings with courts, delivery of documents of counsel and other types of errands.
Establish and maintain effective and accurate filing systems (both hard copy and electronic)
- Assist in opening new clients and matters as required
- Greeting clients and providing assistance when needed.
- Performing other related duties required based upon the unique practice of the attorney, such as, practice development initiatives, committee project work, and other responsibilities.
- Flexible to work overtime, when needed.
- Deal with internal and client calls in a timely, confident, helpful and polite manner, passing on accurate messages promptly and actioning where necessary
- Exceptional interpersonal and related skills in order to communicate effectively with diverse groups of legal and support staff on confidential and sensitive firm matters.
- Deal with visitors in a confident and professional manner
- Cover the Reception on a rota basis with other Legal Secretaries when the Receptionist is away.
- Keep client contact details as up to date as possible
- Attend training courses as required
- Attend secretarial meetings as required to keep up to date with firmwide procedures, current issues and add value to the secretarial practice.
- Assist in monitoring the billing process as required
- Assist in preparation of bill narratives and draft cost details as required
- Raise, monitor and issue appropriate cheques for clients or third parties as required
- Record time for fee earners in their absence or as required
KEY SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong PA skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to manage pressure and conflicting demands on time
- A committed team player
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Commercially aware
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm
Document Production & Technical Skills
- Produce, format and edit legal documents efficiently and accurately, sourced through digital dictation, hard copy and audio
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets
- Draft simple correspondence
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Customer Service – provides high quality and timely customer service
- Innovation & Improvement - Acts on ways to add value to the team and Firm
- Thinking & Planning – is highly organised and thoughtful in his/her approach to work
- Judgement & Professionalism – demonstrates appropriate workplace behaviour; able to organize and prioritize workload and use own judgment in decision making on how to adequately and efficiently meet all deadlines.
- Communication –communicates effectively orally and in writing
- Teamwork & Collaboration – maintains good relationships with co-workers. Contribute to the team being proactive and helpful to colleagues and other fee earners by providing assistance during busy periods and covering for other fee earners in colleague’s absence.
- Developing Self & Others – addresses own developments needs and assists others to develop
- Ability to understands the organizational structure of the Firm including office locations, roles and responsibilities of key people and firm strategy
- Able to utilise accounting, operational and administrative applications as relevant to area of responsibility
- Able to understands legal industry requirements and guidelines as relevant to role
- Can Identify and classify legal documents, and organise and file them according to standard firm practice
- Effectively manage and prioritise work.
- Can understand the basic terminology and transactions of applicable practice area and clients
- Able to understand the client engagement process and ensure compliance of time and expense reporting requirements.
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 17 Nov 2023 JOB ID: ZC-LEGSECTEM