Legal Counsel – Dubai
Dubai, UAE SALARY: 50,000 AED - 65,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
This is a broad in-house role based in Dubai which will involve a wide variety of transactional legal work, with time split between assisting a growing family office and the main business owned by the principal. The role will involve :
• providing assistance on corporate legal matters such as M&A, joint ventures, investments, and intellectual property, notably actual and potential investments in startup companies in the lifestyle, health and technology sectors.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements.
• Maintain local compliance and monitoring of Company’s local legal needs
• Work with the central legal team based in London and when needed offer support on matters that will include corporate, finance and general commercial contracts
• Source and manage outside counsels and local firms to provide necessary legal support and ensure the quality of their work products and cost-efficiency.
• Company secretarial matters such as opening/ closing of companies, filings, resolutions and minutes) including know your customer compliance.
• Identify the risks that an organization faces and advise the business accordingly.
• 4-7 years’ qualified legal experience gained in corporate department of an international law firm, based in (or with significant time spent in) UAE.
• English law qualified, but with experience in United Arab Emirates.
• Experience of drafting documents and running corporate transactions.
• Strong attention to detail and good organisational skills.
• Willingness to adapt, learn about new areas and develop new skills on the job.
• Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, verbally and in writing.
• Ability and confidence to work under pressure and in a fast paced, commercial environment.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise workflow and deliver to tight deadlines.
• Confidence and robustness to work autonomously and closely with principals of the business and enable deals to be facilitated whilst pointing out areas of concern and appropriately consulting with the legal team based in London where necessary.
This is a fairly unique opportunity to work both for an expanding family office which aims to invest in a range of start-up companies whilst also combining this with work for an associated corporate group which is focused in the shipping sector. Shipping experience is not a necessity and the candidate would predominately work on corporate/investmenttransactions rather than financing or shipping related work.
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 09 May 2023 JOB ID: ZCLEGALC