Junior Tax Operations Specialist
Zurich (Switzerland) TERM: Temporary
Tax Operations- Temporary Role
My client, a leading bank in Zurich are looking for a professional to join Operations on a temporary basis who strives to fulfill their potential in a varied and rewarding role.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a team to drive strategy in a constantly changing environment. Consequently, this role requires an energetic, enthusiastic and driven individual.
Join a team of critical thinkers partners to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering.
The division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm’s compliance with reporting authorities around the globe and managing related inquiries from a variety of the firm’s businesses across established and emerging markets. Day-to-day production functions include accurate and timely account documentation and monitoring, withholding, client information reporting, and regulatory filings.
The team also provides critical subject matter expertise and functionally-aligned support during the design, testing and implementation of related systems and processes. The team capitalizes on opportunities to optimize procedures and build scalability through data analytics and efficient use of technology.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop a knowledge in taxation requirements, processes, and systems for a broad range of transactional and positional tax obligations.
- Use your inquisitive mind-set to identify and remediate control or process improvements surrounding tax processing.
- Leverage your quantitative skills, partnering with the global team to work through essential tax reform programs (such as FATCA and CRS), assess impact and execute seamless implementation.
- Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the tax regulatory environment and the firm’s adherence to its tax reporting obligations, establishing yourself as a regional point of contact for the business and global team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years relevant industry experience
- Quantitative educational background preferred
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product and technical experience in addition to good excel skills.
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 07 Dec 2023 JOB ID: SRTAX14123