Junior Helpdesk Engineer
London (West End) SALARY: £27,000 - £30,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
I am looking for a Junior Helpdesk Engineer for my client who is an international investment banking organisation with 22 offices globally with over 700 users. This position is based in London.
Main purpose and scope of the job
The Junior Helpdesk Engineer position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a demanding and dynamic IT environment. As a Junior Helpdesk Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to hone your PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills while gaining experience with advanced technical challenges of a multi-office international network. The Junior Helpdesk Engineer will assist as the help desk for all international employees and provide day-to-day support of all end-user systems including Windows-based notebook and desktop PCs, telephones, mobile devices (iPhone/iPad/Android/etc), and a variety of other software and business systems.
The role will involve:
- 1st call help desk support for approximately 700 employees across multiple offices
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software
- Configure and deploy new hardware and software
- Support and maintain conferencing and AV technology
- Interface with technical support from vendors and suppliers
- Management of relationships with IT related vendors
- Provide support to IT management
- Helpdesk Engineer may be on call after hours as needed
Skills, experience and requirements
This is an opportunity to work in a demanding, yet supportive, team-oriented environment. The position is challenging, offers excellent learning experience and provides a solid foundation upon which an individual can build a future IT career. Interested candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Preferred a degree (2:2 or higher) from a recognized European university;
- 3 A levels (or equivalent) including at least one A level in a Maths, Science or Technology-based subject;
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal; Proficiency in other European languages is a plus;
Key behaviours and competencies
- Successful candidates are assertive and self-motivated, can manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and are detail-oriented;
- Successful candidates have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work well with differing personality types;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong interest in Tech and have good troubleshooting skills
- Be team-oriented and possess strong integrity and professionalism;
- Strong technical aptitude; and
- Strong communication skills.
We know that employing a diverse team and valuing the unique perspectives of our people allows us to better understand and serve the needs of our clients. They are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 17 Nov 2022 JOB ID: NC/HQ00028146