Junior Accountant – growing private equity firm
London (West End) SALARY: £25,000 - £30,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
Our client is a successful private equity firm based in London's West End. They have seen significant expansion over the past 18 months. They boast an impressive portfolio of companies and investments across the UK and Europe. This is a new role that has come about through growth supporting the central finance function. You will have great opportunities to grow and develop your career in finance with a company providing training and qualifications.
What You Will Do
As a key member of the finance team, you will support the accounts payable function as well as assisting the wider finance function. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing accounts payable - including process development and documentation utilising payroll software
- Managing suppliers - dealing with queries, chasing payments, etc.
- Carrying out new supplier checks and preparing bank payments
- Managing incoming finance correspondence
- Managing company corporate cards
- Reconciliations and preparation of monthly management accounts
- General bookkeeping and journal postings
- Assisting with new system integrations
- Assisting internal staff with finance queries
What We Are Looking For
The successful candidates will have an interest in finance with a relevant degree and/or 6 - 12 months experience in a professional services environment, We are looking for:
- A university degree - ideally related to finance but not essential
- High attention to detail
- Good understanding of accounting and finance practices
- Ability to work to deadlines and excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and lateral thinking
- Tech-savvy - advanced Excel and aptitude for picking up new systems
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills -(written and verbal)dealing with senior stakeholders
This business offers impressive benefits including 25 days holiday (plus closed Christmas to New Years), private health cover, and other fantastic company perks. ACCA or CIMA training is offered.
We are looking for candidates to interview and commence asap. Apply now to be considered for this fantastic opportunity.
POSTED: 11 Aug 2021 JOB ID: RS23237