HR Generalist – West London
London (City of) SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000 PER: Annum TERM: Contract
I have an urgent requirement for an HR Generalist starting at the end of May, to join a global firm in a busy standalone role on a 12 month FTC. The successful HR Generalist will be passionate, driven and have the natural initiative to improve processes and implement strategies, so previous experience in a similar role is highly desired.
This opportunity will encompass the smooth running of the day-to-day HR activities, in particular Employee Relations (ER), in addition to supporting the strategic goals of the business, leading on various HR projects in the pipeline and developing the structure, systems, quality, culture, values and most importantly, their people.
The current HR Generalist takes pride in successfully maintaining an open-door approach and wants to continue embedding their highly regarded culture throughout the business.
In this role, attention to detail is key and in this role, you will be dealing with a wide range of queries and challenges from all levels of the business, therefore, you will need to be organised and be an expert at overcoming difficult situations, providing a first-class service to the team.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage Employee Relations (ER) cases including any disciplinaries, grievances and absent management cases, if they were to arise
- The management of 2 direct reports; HR admin and an Operations Assistant
- Ensuring all HR policies are reviewed and updated, in line with current legislation
- Manage the recruitment process and employee lifecycle events, when required
- Regular reporting of HR metrics and KPIs
- Advise and coach managers on how to deal with issues and prevent future occurrences
- Work closely with the finance team to process monthly payroll
- Manage HR systems
- Oversee staff benefits including pension, private health cover and cycle to work schemes
- Administer company training; overseeing, owning and administering the training needs
- Deal with any escalated HR queries across the business
- Organise quarterly strategy events
It is essential for the successful candidate to hold:
- CIPD level 5/7
- Practical experience leading on Employee Relations (ER)
- Experience in direct people management
- Experience with recruiting and talent acquisition
- Proactive, ideas-driven and technically astute
- Organised with attention to detail
- Sociable and friendly and be the eyes and ears of the organisation
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to converse with high-level decision-makers
- Up to date with employment law
- The ability to be able to run a fully functional HR support role with payroll etc as well as the ability and drive to implement new strategies and focus on process improvements
- Energetic and motivated, great at generating ideas and taking responsibility from start to finish
POSTED: 28 Apr 2021 JOB ID: AJL22270CL