London (West End) SALARY: £38,000 - £40,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
This is a truly wonderful opportunity for an experienced housekeeper who enjoys working in a team in a formal household. The Family are a lovely English couple with children, but are in residence for only 6 months of the year.
The Family are looking for a housekeeper who can live in from Monday morning to Friday evening, returning home for the weekend. Accommodation provided is your own room and own bathroom within the private household.
You will need to be flexible to work long hours each day with good breaks, but starting at 7am and working the occasional 6th day, HOWEVER, the family are only in residence for 6 months of the year, so the other 6 months are much more relaxed.
This is a fully staffed formal household and you will be expected to wear a uniform. Please only apply if you have previously worked as part of a team in a formal household.
You will work alongside two other housekeepers, one of whom is part time and the other who is a daily housekeeper.
- The property is on 4 floors and there is no lift, so candidates will need to be fit
- The property consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, a cinema room, a kitchen and a top floor studio.
- There are also 2 nannies and a driver and PA at the house
- Working hours would be 5-6 full days while the family are in residence for 6 months of the year
- All usual household duties - cooking is not required for the client but will be required for the children when they are home from boarding school - just the 2-year-old child lives at the house full time. (can be up to 6 children in the house at the busiest time). All wardrobe organisation , polishing silver and occasional shopping will be involved.
The role definitely requires a lot of initiative and a great team spirit.
The clients have very high standards, so this is not a role for someone who has limited experience. Please only apply if your experience matches the criteria outlined within the ad.
To start asap. Telephone interviews to be conducted this week.
POSTED: 11 Jan 2021 JOB ID: REQ1962