House Manager – Dubai
Middle East SALARY: 15,000 AED - 25,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
Our client is looking for a competent and energetic individual with prior work experience in a similar role or in hospitality as a Butler or in Guest Services. As a House Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of a large high-end residential villa for a private family and ensure efficient operations of the household. You will be reporting directly to the owners and will be managing the household under their guidance and directive. This is a live-in position and we are looking for a candidate who is fluent in Hindi.
The main responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Supervise, train and manage an entourage of household staff (cooks, maids, drivers, etc.).
• Coordinate with various contractors, suppliers/vendors, service people, artisans, and all other non-household employees. Ensure supervision is provided and the best quality of work is achieved with adherence to all household standards and expectations.
• Assist in recruitment of new staff.
• Inspire, coach and motivate staff to work efficiently and effectively and ensure their work is up to a high standard in terms of service, maintenance and presentation.
Maintenance and Management of Household Items
• Create and manage full household inventory.
• Care for silver, china, antiques, fine art, luxury cars and other specialist items.
• Develop shopping lists for all household requirements and oversee their procurement. Ensure that supplies are always replenished, and spares are stocked.
• Ensure a well-maintained, safe, secure and clean environment at all times.
• Plan, organise and coordinate events and dinner parties. Liaise with event organisers, caterers etc.
• Answer the telephone and door.
• Greet and look after all guests and visitors.
• Manage the household’s schedules, calendars and arrange appointments.
• Ensure a high level of security is always maintained.
• Perform shopping and errands in accordance with employer’s guidelines.
• Perform all other miscellaneous tasks as requested by the employer or, guests as confirmed by the employer.
• Make appointments for personal and professional needs.
• Carry out administrative duties like budgeting, handling petty cash, paying bills and maintain staff records and other records where needed.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualities and skills:
• Over 10 years’ experience in house management or in hospitality in a similar role;
• Professional, responsible, efficient, discreet and highly organised;
• Good communicator with effective oral and written communication skills;
• Fluent in English and Hindi;
• Excellent leadership, training and development skills;
• Knowledge of etiquette and protocol;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to pre-empt work;
• Effective analytical, planning and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and efficiently deliver results in a timely manner;
• Ability to understand the client’s likes and dislikes;
• Accurate cash handling skills;
• Proven ability to consistently deliver results with minimal supervision;
• Flexible availability including daytime, evenings, weekends and major holidays;
• IT literate with basic knowledge of Ms Excel;
• Hold a valid UAE driving licence.
Salary is dependant on experience and will be discussed.
POSTED: 25 Nov 2020 JOB ID: ZCHMDB4467