Head of Finance
New York City, NY SALARY: $90,000 - $120,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
Our client, a luxury boutique real estate staging and design company, are looking to add a Head of Finance to their New York City team. It is a great time to join this growing international firm, and with the role comes the opportunity to build out their internal finance function that has previously been handled by an external provider. You would take full responsibility for the accounting operations and functions of the business and to excel in this role, you will be truly interested in building out a great internal finance system. This is a hybrid working role with a great company who are in a period of growth but still want to keep that close knit feel. Experience within design, or design adjacent industries is important for this role so that you have a solid understanding of some of the intricacies of the industry.
- Looking over accounts payable and receivable, with management of permission flows
- Use of QuickBooks
- Entering and paying vendor bills
- Managing customer invoices, providing a weekly report of invoice payments status
- Processing payroll along with staff benefits and record with QuickBooks
- Contacting customers about outstanding invoices
- Management of day-to-day banking relationships and insurance renewals
- Process 1099 tax forms and file 1096 with IRS
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly New York/New Jersey sales tax returns
- Preparation of monthly P&L, along with balance sheet and supplementary schedules
- Preparation of year-end package, for tax preparation purposes
- Ensure timely year-end financial close and reporting to tax advisors
Our client is looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting. You will hold a professional accounting (CPA) qualification and a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or Business Law. You will enjoy working in a start-up style environment, and want to take the lead on implementing best practices. You will have a thorough knowledge of Excel, and be highly computer literate. You will enjoy an all-encompassing role and be ready to jump in feet first! You will be a creative yet methodical thinker, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being able to work to tight deadlines.
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 27 Mar 2023 JOB ID: ALWSD29120