Head of Accounts (Sharjah)
Middle East SALARY: 35,000 AED - 40,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Head of Accounts. The candidate will assist in the development and implementation of accounting policies, systems and procedures for Credan and affiliated companies. Reconciles accounts and prepares Accounting/Financial reports while ensuring adherence to all relevant internal and statutory controls. Carries out financial Auditing procedures when required. Reports to the Head of Accounts, Kurdistan Operations.
Accounting Policies Development, Support and Implementation
- Contributes to the development and implementation of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures and ensures adherence to Credan Accounting principles.
- Ensures that all transactions and reports are processed according to internal procedures and guidelines so that the company fulfils all legislative requirements.
Financial and Accounting Report/Analysis
- Prepares reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review in a timely manner (e.g. reports of projects estimated costs &revenues).
- Analyses ledgers and accounts to allow reconciling of financial reports according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an on-going basis and statutory reports can be produced within legislative time limits.
- Develops reports that contain sales invoices and record transactions to ensure the provision of accurate financial information (e.g. analysis of drilling costs).
- Reconciles financial data according to stated schedules so the company remains aware of its financial position on an on-going basis and statutory reports can be produced within internal and legislative time limits.
- Participates in the development of financial reports containing annual budget data, financial statements and projects profit and loss.
- Maintains financial files and related information to ease retrieval of Accounting data and reports.
Payroll Operational Activity
- Manages the daily payroll operations for Credan to ensure that all payroll transactions and reports are processed and completed according to generally accepted accounting principles
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Head of Accounts, Kurdistan Operations in all Accounting/Financial reporting and analysis issues.
- Liaises with relevant departments such as Supply Chain & Drilling to evaluate pricing and contract terms.
- Liaises with external bodies and representatives (e.g. Kurdish regulatory authorities & external auditors) to ensure ease of all Accounting operations.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
Conducts regular research on Accounting/Financial best practices and recommends subsequent strategies and plans to improve accounting operating functions.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor Degree in Accounting and or/Finance or a superior Accounting qualification
Minimum Professional Experience Required
8 to 10 years of relevant Accounting experience preferably within a multinational financial firm
Charted Accounting Certification
Salary AED 35,000-40,000 +Benefits
POSTED: 13 May 2021 JOB ID: ZCACCSH1464