Dubai, UAE SALARY: 20,000 AED - 23,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
The Gallery Manager has a vital role in developing visual art & design exhibitions, while building on the customer database with theke Consultant and ensuring sales from the exhibition. Alongside which the gallery manager will manage and work with the Studio & Engagement Team as they implement a high-quality programme of visual art & design workshops correlating to what is happening in the gallery as well as the seasonal workshops for adults and children, while managing the talks and lectures as well as the rent and use of the communal studios working with The Membership Coordinator to facilitate. The Gallery Manager will also work alongside the marketing team to ensure that the correct marketing and calendar timeline is done in time for all activities. The manager will be responsible for ensuring exhibition catalogues are produced at the highest standard of intellectual content and visual presentation. The gallery manager will provide support to other members of the team.
The Gallery Manager would report to the Director and General Manager and manage other members of the team.
- Support the Director’s curating of all exhibitions.
- Subject to Director’s approval of exhibition proposal, establish installation plan, budget, pricing and sales forecast.
- Arrange transportation, installation and deinstallation for all works, liaising with the contracted fine art handler.
- Work with and communicate with the Director and General Manager to ensure day to day gallery operations.
- Schedule all visual art and design exhibitions both on and offsite.
- Manage exhibition preparation, installation, maintenance and deinstallation.
- Maintain inventory control of all artworks in the possession of the company, both in storage and in gallery, both on consignment and owned by the company with the administrative assistant.
- Work independently and collaboratively with the consultant on visual art & design sales and outreach.
- Develop and manage the gallery Sales Database of key contacts.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential clients including but not limited to visual art & design professionals, curators, interior designers and collectors.
- Confirm all pricing of visual art and design pieces with accounts department.
- Develop utilization of the Artlogic platform, ensuring invitations/communications to Sales Database carry the relevant link to Artlogic Viewing Rooms
- Consolidate sales at the end of each exhibition.
- Coordinate deliveries/collection of all sold pieces with signed certificates of authenticity with the administrative assistant when needed.
- Ensure consignments are returned to artists/designers at end of the agreed period and ensure a delivery slip is signed.
- Manage applications by the company to art fairs and similar suitable events.
- Write exhibition key messages and work with the marketing manager on the translation and deliverables for publications on time as needed.
- Support the Marketing team in developing exhibition catalogues, pricelist, PR toolkit, website, and social media content.
- Advise on press releases and any other written materials such as wall text, catalogues etc.
- Proofread all marketing communications relating to exhibitions and visual art & design sales.
- Ensure information is given to all gallery visitors.
- Monitor the delivery of the Critical Practice Programme with the contracted consultant ensuring all KPIs are met, including but not limited to the open call; applicant selection; onboarding of chosen participants (including signature of agreements); training delivered on schedule; submission of exhibition proposals.
- Manage the delivery of the Residency programme including but not limited to agreement signature; budget management; residency scheduling; induction development and delivery; supervision; outcome development and delivery; and work with administrative assistant on the return of the unsold artwork shipping after consignment period.
- Schedule exhibition activation programmes that seek to nurture appreciation and understanding the importance of art collecting among audiences both youth and adults including but not limited to workshops, guided tours and talks.
- Maintain current knowledge of the UAE visual art and design sector. Attend gallery openings and other events locally.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of exhibiting artists’ practices and biographies.
- Work closely with artists and other personnel on artwork production.
- Produce presentations as and when required.
This job description is not an exhaustive description of duties. You will be required to adopt a flexible approach to your role and responsibilities. From time to time, you may be required to undertake such alternative or additional duties as may be commensurate with your skills, experience and capabilities.
- 5 years’ experience in visual art and/or design exhibition development.
- 5 years’ experience in visual art and/or design sales.
- Research skills to identify and foster potential clients.
- Ability to manage members of the team.
- Strong communication and client negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail.
- Able to preserve and uphold the reputation of the company.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Familiar with working under pressure.
- Valid UAE driving license.
- Spoken and written Arabic
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 09 Feb 2024 JOB ID: ZC-T-GALMAN