London (West End) SALARY: £65,000 - £75,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
A leading niche building services and consulting firm is currently hiring for a Financial Controller to oversee their general accounting function. The company has doubled in size over the last 3 years offering strong long-term career prospects. With a strong benefits package and a great working culture, this is a great opportunity for you to play a key role within the firm.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Responsible for the oversight of the accounting function your main responsibilities will include:
- Directly manage team members responsible for Credit, A/R, A/P, and payroll.
- Responsible for the running of finance systems and associated projects, including the migration to an upgraded version of its ERP (SAP4HANA).
- In charge of treasury management including monitoring of working capital, cash flows, bank relationship, and contracting of foreign currency hedges.
- Manage the timely periodic closing of management and statutory accounts, periodic reviews of the balance sheet, and group reporting.
- Oversee, monitor, and maintain robust processes, ensuring internal controls and financial risk management are in place.
- With the support of external advisors, manage all tax, VAT, and national insurance, ensuring compliance together with accurate and timely reporting to authorities.
- Contribute to M&A activities, particularly regarding the integration of new entities.
- Management and administration of overseas business working with local tax advisors.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE
- ACCA/ACA or qualified by experience.
- A degree in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 4 year’s experience as a Financial Controller.
- In-depth knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Background in consulting or construction is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP, Sage Payroll, and Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of regulations, including national insurance, VAT, corporation tax, and pensions.
- Strong ability to analyse, interpret and present data in appropriate formats.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- £65,000-£75,000 per annum depending on experience
- Hybrid working
- Private healthcare cover
- 6% employer pension contribution
- Wellness scheme
- 23 days holiday increasing by 1 day with each year of service up to 28 days
- Critical illness and life cover
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 04 Nov 2022 JOB ID: EM/FC/28108