UK (regional) SALARY: £50,000 - £80,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a qualified Accountant to join a family office based in Marlborough, Wiltshire with an Investment Office in Mayfair, London. This diverse role involves working alongside a small support staff and will be comprised of many varied and interesting tasks. The role will include dealing with 8 different companies alongside two partnerships.
- Preparation of Management accounts for the 8 companies.
- Balance sheet control account reconciliations including fixed assets
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Special rules Farms, rental income, and partial exemption
- All VAT applications including registration and appropriate “opt to tax” applications for new property companies when purchase each new building
- Budgets for two companies.
- Bank transfers – ensuring funds available in correct currency in correct accounts.
- Checking and payment of payrolls.
- Raise all intergroup invoices and ensure inter group balances reconcile.
- Set up invoicing schedules regarding rent / leases to ensure income accounted correctly with reference to FRS
- Lead the Audit on above “limited” companies, ensure all support provided and all questions answered with required support.
- Prepare statutory accounts.
- Prepare draft tax computations and analysis.
- Confirmation statements
- Analysis of investment performance.
- Drafting of the owner’s personal tax return.
Skills & experience:
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience working within a major accounting firm is advantageous.
- An interest in Farming & Bloodstock is desirable.
- A practical grasp of the commercial aspects of Portfolio Investments.
- Must be available to work full time on site in Marlborough Monday to Friday (8.30am-5pm)
Salary & benefits:
- 50-80k per annum
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- pension scheme
POSTED: 09 May 2022 JOB ID: BB/MFO/FD/25699