Finance Assistant, Accounts Payable
London (West End) SALARY: £15 - £19 PER: Hour TERM: Temporary
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global asset management firm based in central London.
Reporting to the Head of Payments and Collections, you will be part of a small, close-knit and collaborative team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Support the business with accounts payable and receivable queries from vendors on a daily basis, building strong relationships with key suppliers and solve external and internal queries by phone/email.
• Ensure invoices are directed to the appropriate budget holders/approvers and invoices not approved are followed up in a timely manner to ensure payment term compliance.
• Working with other team members across the group to resolve issues preventing the processing and payment of invoices.
• Perform supplier statement reconciliation on a regular basis.
• Work to monthly deadlines and set procedures, supporting finance colleagues with month/year end reporting as necessary.
• Proactively communicate issues and concerns around accounts payable to management team to ensure accurate and timely payment processing.
• Reviewing and checking supplier master data, opening supplier accounts.
• Generate statements on a monthly basis and upon request.
• Manage debt reports and reconcile debtor’s ledgers; ensure client queries are logged in a timely fashion. • Comply with policies, guidelines and controls and monitor and report any breaches.
• Provide support on month-end accruals, analysis and investigation; and meet audit requirements & deadlines.
• Complete other month end and year-end administrative / accounting duties
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
• Minimum of 3 plus years’ experience working in an accounts payable (AP) in a similar finance assistant role.
• Good understanding of finance / accounting concepts and the coding of expenses to the general ledger, reconciliation etc.
• Flexible and responsive work style; ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
• High attention to detail with proven organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Experience of working in a multi-currency finance department would be beneficial.
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience with SAGE and NetSuite will be highly advantageous, but not essential
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
Competitive hourly rate
Flexible working (3 days on-site, 2 days wfh)
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 12 Feb 2024 JOB ID: BB/AP/32222