Ex-military House Manager/Butler
London (Greater) SALARY: £50,000 - £70,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
Tiger Private is looking for an ex-military/gurkha House Manager/Butler to oversee the running of a large private residence in South West London.
This is an extremely hands on role where flexibility is key!
Working with and reporting directly to the Principal, duties will include:
- Preparing and maintaining exquisite attention to detail; flowers, table setting etc.
- Managing a team of 6 other household staff; training, motivating, overseeing work is up to standard, rotas and acting as main point of contact
- Organising and overseeing contractors and trusted suppliers
- Implementing and maintaining household systems; IT, security, layout etc.
- Cleaning fires, polishing, basic maintenance duties - ad hoc hands on tasks
- Updating household inventories; art collection, wine etc.
- Working closely with the Butler/Valet to assist with packing/unpacking
- Organising dinner parties and events
- Butler and drinks service/table service
We are looking for experienced candidates with a military background who have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a private household. Candidates must be discreet with a meticulous eye for detail, able to think 10 steps ahead and provide a first class service.
The right candidates will posess strong leadership skills and bags of emotional intelligence.
Working hours are usually 5 days a week including weekends. On call when the Principal is in residence (around 40% of the year).
Salary is between £50,000-£70,000 gross per annum depending on experience.
POSTED: 14 Jan 2021 JOB ID: AFHMRHP1921