Driver Support Worker / Personal Assistant
UK (regional) SALARY: £12 - £13 PER: Hour TERM: Temporary
A national charity dedicated to delivering positive change for blind and partially sighted people based in Bristol are looking for an experienced Driver/PA.
You will be responsible for providing sighted one to one support to employees who are blind or partially sighted which will enable them to retain employment and succeed at their job.
- Meeting employee at their home and travelling with them to their workplace or meetings using public transport or on foot OR meeting employee at their home and driving them using your personal car to meetings.
- Supporting employee to use workplace facilities including making drinks, preparing snacks and to access bathrooms
- Supporting employee within meetings, enabling introductions, networking, note taking
- Attending courses, seminars or similar events
- Assisting with elements of their job role including using IT and other equipment, administration filing and form filling.
- Formatting project proposals and other documents and ensure that they appear professional.
- Creating PPT slides for presentations, and ensure they are well-formatted.
- Performing online research
- Teaching and enabling employee how to do tasks or use equipment
- Carrying equipment and baggage
- Supporting job interviews attendance
- Reading mail and other documents (information and instructions)
- Assisting with item recognition/sorting
- Providing basic office/administrative support as required. This may include: (dealing with telephone calls, ensuring maintenance issues are reported to the responsible staff)
- Work one to one with assigned employees
- Support the employee in a way that is empowering, builds their confidence and promotes their dignity
- Maintain positive communication and relationships with the employee and all Pocklington staff and volunteers
- Maintain confidentiality about the employees you support and about information you are provided with
- Take part in mandatory learning events as required by Pocklington
- Experience working with visually impaired people/ disabled people
- Experience of driving and clean driving license
- Experience working in an office environment
- Owner of a personal car for use in work
- IT Skills including (Word, Excel)
- Customer service and communication skills
- Time management and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, honesty, reliability and patience
- Experience working in a charity as a PA dealing with assistive software and delivering sighted guidance to visually impaired.
POSTED: 01 Dec 2020 JOB ID: DSWPADF2424