Domestic Couple – Surrey Based-
UK (regional) SALARY: £75,000 - £75,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
A fabulous and unique opportunity for a Domestic Couple to work and live within this 127 acre Estate based in Surrey between Dorking and Guildford. The main house has 7 bedrooms, in and outdoor pool. There is also a 5 bedroom Guest House. Nestled away from the house is a beautiful 2 bedroom cottage that provides accommodation for the domestic couple. The family have 4 children but 3 of them are at boarding school. Both Principals work and there’s a younger child still at home. This role is 5 days a week however the weekends are their busiest times, which is why this role includes Saturday and Sunday working but you get Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. They are looking for a chef/cook and housekeeper duo.
Plan monthly menus according to Principals needs and dietary restrictions (menus should be original, organic, and always fresh)
Create innovative and new dishes for menus.
- Maintain high levels of presentation, including proper formal and informal place settings and service.
- Shop for and order food, kitchen supplies, and equipment using preferred suppliers.
- Stock and organise the kitchen.
- Maintain kitchen (including all equipment, appliances, supplies, the bar and banquette seating areas, the wine room, and the butler’s pantry) to a superior level of cleanliness and hygiene
- Maintain daily communication with Principals regarding requests for meals and any requirements for the kitchen and/or food preparation.
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and events
- Direct the operation and organization of the kitchen and all food-related activities during larger events. This includes managing and coordinating the presentation and serving of food and the activities of food service staff.
- To take care of the house, ensuring that it is always clean, neat, tidy and welcoming.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitising toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area
- Making beds and changing linens
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Ironing clothing items
If you are interested in this opportunity, please get in touch ASAP.
POSTED: 04 Aug 2021 JOB ID: CEDC01