Digital Project Manager
London (Greater) SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
I am looking for a talented, client-facing digital project manager to join my client's team and take ownership of the full life-cycle management of projects, from inception through to deployment.
What they offer….
- A friendly, collaborative working environment
- 20 days holiday per year + 1 extra day off for your birthday
- 1 additional day off for each year you’re with us (up to 5 days)
- Extra time off over Christmas (in addition to your holiday allowance)
- Budget for training opportunities and learning on-the-job
- Access to BIMA webinars and resources
- Seasonal socials
- Hybrid work setup means you can work from home or in the office
- Dog-friendly office!
The purpose of the role - You will be instrumental in the project planning and delivery process, building positive stakeholder relationships along the way and making sure that projects are delivered on time and on budget. The senior project manager is also responsible for coordinating and supporting the delivery team, and for ensuring that key project information is clearly communicated at all times. It is important that their project managers take a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, and aren’t afraid of asking questions or contributing ideas.
Line of reporting - The role sits within the project management team, working alongside project managers and reporting to the Operations Director.
They’ve built their reputation on exceeding their client’s expectations and being a trusted long-term partner. Their focus is working with charities, non-profit and purpose-driven organisations and businesses that aspire to make a positive impact. They are on a journey to incorporate sustainability in their processes and their ambition is to create better-performing websites for their clients that are usable, findable and trackable, with a lower carbon footprint. They are a team of strategic, technical, UX, design, data and project management experts and they specialise in delivering websites built on WordPress and Shopify platforms.
- Take ownership of the full lifecycle of projects, from scoping through to successful delivery, on time and on budget.
- Work with the Product Performance Manager to establish what success looks like for each project and ensure they can achieve that.
- Define requirements at the project onset, establish priorities with the client, and determine as a team where they can add the most value.
- Gather information from the team to prepare cost estimates and develop timing plans that are realistic and achievable.
- Write detailed statements of work documents that act as project contracts, outlining their approach, assumptions, dependencies, and risks/mitigation.
- Organise internal kick-off and review meetings so the team can contribute at key points and have full visibility of the process.
- Effectively manage the delivery team (UX, design, development, QA) so outputs are high-quality and deliver on the project objectives and requirements.
- Track time spent on projects and use this data to predict potential overburn before it happens, and find solutions to avoid or limit the risk of overburn.
- Proactively forward-plan resource requirements.
- Communicate effectively to all internal and client stakeholders, both verbally and in written formats. Ensure that stakeholders are always kept up to date with project progress, including through regular status meetings.
- Create billing schedules, raise invoices, and provide regular financial reports.
- Help to identify opportunities and areas for growth within our existing client base.
- Be an advocate for process and continuous improvement, and contribute ideas that can benefit the department, agency, and their clients.
WHO YOU ARE
- They’d like you to have 4+ years of client-facing agency experience, ideally managing digital and technical projects.
- You need to be comfortable managing multiple projects ranging from small site builds to large complex platforms and applications.
- They value strong leadership skills, reliability, and professionalism.
- You need to have excellent organisational, administration and communication skills.
- Some level of pitch/presentation experience would be ideal, and you’ll need to be able to explain complex digital solutions in plain terms.
- You must be positive, calm, and even-tempered.
- They’d like you to have a track record of successful management and delivery of projects, on time, to budget and of the highest possible quality.
- You need to be able to scope projects, develop timing plans, create cost estimates, manage change requests and track and report financials accurately.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, self-motivated, proactive and comfortable working independently.
- Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality and continuous improvement.
- Experience of preparing functional specifications/briefs, in collaboration with UX, design and technical teams would be great combined with a good writing style.
- They’d like you to have experience with QA process, using bug-tracking software and managing fixes.
- You need to be comfortable building strong client relationships and helping to identify leads to grow the business.
- You must be interested in emerging digital technologies and design trends.
No sponsorship for this role
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 25 May 2023 JOB ID: NC/HQ00029938