Bookkeeping & VAT Manager
London (Greater) SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy firm of Chartered Accountants based in North London.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Recruit and manage staff in the Bookkeeping and VAT department as per existing staffing policies and procedures.
- Implement new software (or tweak existing) to control the collection of records from clients and control the departments workflow in the most efficient manner.
- Review, implement and tweak existing departmental procedures and processes to make them more suitable for a modern cloud practice.
- Outsourcing office / train / nurture relationship with department staff.
- Manage departmental budget; client invoicing, reviewing, and signing off all expenses.
- Onboarding new bookkeeping and VAT clients and reviewing existing problematic clients to make them more profitable via streamlining technology.
- Eventually take over some of the accounts of bookkeeping clients to increase the department turnover with dedicated Accountants in outsourcing office .
- Be responsible and deal with client issues and complaints in the bookkeeping and VAT department.
- Creating training programmes for clients’ in-house teams where we review the VAT returns.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Either AAT/CAT qualification
- Robust knowledge of double entry bookeeping & VAT.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Experience with XERO, Quickbooks, Sage, Excel and VT+
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHAT WILL YOU GET:
- Competitve base salary
- Yearly salary review
- Opportunity for career development
- Discretionary bonus offered subject to meeting KPIs that will be mutually agreed
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 15 May 2023 JOB ID: BB/BKM/29692