London (West End) SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 PER: Annum TERM: Permanent
An established international law firm based in Central London is currently looking for a Billings Administrator to join their friendly office. Reporting into the Office Manager and Managing Partner you will play a key role in the management of the firm’s finances. If you have strong billings experience and are looking for the opportunity with strong long-term prospects, then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Billings Administrator, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Facilitate timely and accurate billing processes by coordinating with the team for time recording, reviewing prebills, issuing final bills, and maintaining the live billing tracker.
- Organize and maintain billing documentation by filing bills, third-party invoices, and relevant correspondence.
- Monitor and manage client bill payments by conducting daily bank account checks, receipt notification, and following up with clients who have outstanding balances.
- Provide feedback to the billing department by reviewing AR reports, cross-checking cash receipts, and maintaining client month-end account balances and retainer status.
- Collaborate with the external accountant for Xero administration and quarterly VAT processes by sharing bills and relevant documentation.
- Ensure smooth annual auditing by responding to client and sales inquiries and promoting best practices within the team for filing key billing and client monies documentation.
- Facilitate client administration by updating and circulating the monthly London Client Matters list, maintaining an updated list of client billing contact data, and preparing and submitting the annual SRA bulk certificate.
- Provide administrative support by preparing draft annual indemnity applications for review, reviewing partner expense claims, and offering ad hoc support or covering for absences within the wider team.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE
- Solid previous experience of financial billing processes within a law firm
- Strong understanding of legal terminology
- Resourceful and able to work independently with a proactive hands-on approach
- Polished client service and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Proficient in all major Microsoft Office applications
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- £45,000-£55,000 per annum depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus & annual salary review
- Private medical & dental care
- Life insurance
- Gym membership contribution
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 18 May 2023 JOB ID: EM/BALAW/1805