Associate Dubai/ Saudi
Middle East SALARY: 50,000 AED - 55,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
We are looking for an Associate for a top law firm based in Saudi Arabia.
The role will report to the Partner and Head of Transactions and have a wide remit. This will include working alongside international counsel to provide Saudi law advice on transactions and advisory matters as well as working on certain purely local matters. The matters my client works on are generally challenging and sophisticated. All of their lawyers act for a broad range of clients and handle a variety of types of transactions rather than specialising in one small area. This will mean advising on the following areas: (a) corporate/M&A, (b) commercial, (c) bank financing, (d) project finance, and (e) capital markets.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a team of associates in the day-to-day delivery of transactional matters working in coordination with the Head of Transactions.
Key skills and attributes
- Appropriate level of post-qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 5 years) in a City or leading international firm.
- A generalist background with a proven ability to work across a wide range of work types (corporate, financing and capital markets as well as general corporate advisory) and the confidence to work outside their comfort zone and advise on new areas of law and regulation.
- Candidates currently working in the in-house legal team of a leading institution will be considered.
- Native English speaker – Arabic language skills not required.
- Previous experience of working on similar matters and with a significant level of responsibility.
- Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions and matters.
- Demonstrable first-rate legal/commercial knowledge.
- Strong academic background (the equivalent of a 2.1 degree) and a demonstrable high level of intellectual analysis.
- Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills.
- Ability to develop and work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Experienced in drafting transaction documents/legal advice memos and running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision.
- Enterprising nature and a keenness to identify and pursue, with the firm’s partners, business development opportunities.
Salary AED 50,000- 55,000
Client is open on candidate being based in Dubai or Saudi
POSTED: 22 Sep 2021 JOB ID: ZCSAL336