ARABIC OPERATIONS MANAGER
Dubai, UAE SALARY: 22,830 AED - 22,830 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
Our client is a Dubai-based commercial consultancy with studio incubators for visual art & design rooted in the United Arab Emirates. It wishes to engage an Operations Manager with a background in Hospitality who is a resourceful, experienced, and inspired professional with excellent customer service, focusing on business efficiency and time management to streamline the operations of the new expansion and launching in April/May 2024. The Operations Manager oversees the operational and business aspects of the business and provides management to ensure that the organisation has the operating controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people and systems in place to maintain financial strength, operating excellence, and continued growth. The Operations Manager will coordinate with all departments and manage all licensing, studio rentals of 58 studios/offices once the full development is completed, the target clients are Small and Midsize Enterprise in the creative and cultural industries. The studios have a focus on independent commercial artists who use the studios as the base to create their work. The Operations Manager will work with The General Manager/HR Coordinator in implementing effective HR management, ensuring staff management and planning, and implementing the annual budget (organizational and operational). The operations manager will have income targets to be met and will utilize the team to ensure those targets are reached. The specific duties of an Operations Manager include formulating and implementing operational planning, improving performance and securing compliance.
• Works closely with the Director and General Manager to set strategic goals and to make daily decisions for the operational and sales activities of the organisation.
• Manage all studio rentals with the membership Coordinator and ensure payments for rent are up to date and ensure usage to meet the monthly and annual income target.
• Oversee all sales functions of the organisation.
• Set income targets for each department.
• Oversee operations at every level of the organization.
• Support all departments in annual planning, periodic review and evaluation aligned within the strategic plan developed by the Director & General Manager.
• Oversee all staff & departments and streamline deliverables for events, consultancy client deliverables and exhibitions setup and deliverables.
• Supervise direct reports and set annual goals and evaluations based on organisational priorities.
• Ensure departments responsible for acquiring materials keep an inventory and oversee supply based on demand.
• Work alongside General Manager and HR on all Human Resources matters including recruitment & hiring processes, compensation, employee performance review and goal setting, training, and annual benefits review.
• Manage the team for the organisation’s facilities alongside Facility Manager, Studio Team and Design and Production lead.
• Work alongside the Director and General Manager to set annual income targets.
• Oversee customer support and work to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Revise and/or formulate organisational policies and promote implementation.
• Ensure the effective management of relationships with external retailers.
• Ensure the organization remains legally compliant.
• Report to the Director on the organisation’s operations including facilities and sales activities.
• Evaluate regularly the efficiencies of the operations and business procedures of the organisation and apply improvements.
• Work closely with the Director and General Manager on implementing an annual budget process and quarterly departmental reviews, and ensure the information is passed to the accountants.
• Review financial information with the accounts team and adjust budgets to promote sustainability and growth.
• Develop and implement the annual sales plan and KPIs.
• Provides strategic business, technical and resource support to sales efforts.
• Sustain the database of past clients and add new clients onto the database, as well as those to target in future.
• Ensure all studios are rented to those working in the creative and cultural industries.
• Ensure event spaces are utilised for maximum profit and efficiency when used
• Seek opportunities to cross-sell event spaces with the owned restaurant Gerbou.
• Formulate and write the strategy for the operational objectives for the upcoming construction development alongside the Director and General Manager.
• Examine existing financial data and use them to forecast and improve profitability
• Ensure the annual business targets set by the Director to be accomplished by providing strategy and working alongside concerned departments.
• Proven work experience as an Operations Manager or similar role
• Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field 7+ years of management experience
• Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
• Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Creative Suite and communications software
• Experience budgeting and forecasting
• Familiarity with business and financial principles
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service.
• Excellent Spoken and written English and Arabic
• Ability to supervise and motivate a team.
• Ability to work effectively on own initiative.
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritise effectively.
• Track record of successful sales performance
• Develop client relationships, while keeping a professional distance.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends as and when required.
• Own transport with a valid UAE driving license.
• The operations manager will report directly to the Director and will work alongside the General Manager
Salary AED 22,830 PER MONTH
Tiger is B Corp Certified. We are part of a global movement of businesses committed to improving social and environmental conditions around the world.
POSTED: 30 Jan 2024 JOB ID: ZCARAB4456