Accounts Payable Officer
London (West End) SALARY: £18,000 - £24,941 PER: Annum TERM: Contract
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-renowned museum based in South-West London. Reporting to the Finance Operations Manager, you will be part of a small, collaborative team which ensures suppliers are paid accurately and on a timely basis.
This role can be FULL-TIME (36 hours excluding meal breaks) or PART-TIME (28.8 hours excluding meal breaks). Furthermore, the museum works a hybrid model which allows full-time staff to work in the office 60% of the time, and part-time staff 50% of the time.
• Daily input and filing of purchase invoices onto Navision in an accurate manner and within agreed deadlines. At this stage ensuring that all financial procedures and approval processes have been followed and that relevant logs are up to date (such as the GRN log for stock purchases).
• Weekly processing of Season Ticket loans, including issuing warrants based on correctly completed and authorised forms.
• Ensuring that approvals for invoices and GPC transactions are followed up where necessary.
• Maintenance of supplier records in Navision as required, including ensuring that bank details and VAT coding are accurate.
• Preparing payment runs including collating invoices, preparing foreign payments and sending remittance advices on a weekly basis. To do the same as required for other entities.
• Take up and resolve accounts queries from customers, suppliers and staff, identifying the nature of the problem using the available information.
• Reconciliation and filing of supplier statements.
• Ledger reconciliation work, including removal of excess purchase order commitments (on instruction of budget holders), actioning balance sheet review items (as tasked by line manager), and reconciliation of Direct Debit accounts within Navision by ensuring that invoices are received and matched correctly.
• Undertake various administrative tasks as part of the weekly rota (e.g. opening and distributing post).
• Instruct staff as needed on accounts payable processes and procedures.
• Work closely with the Group Accountant to ensure that all intercompany invoices are processed in a timely manner
• Assist Finance Operations Manager with creation and maintenance of process documents for area of responsibility.
Experience, skills & attributes:
- Previous Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of NAVision 2016
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Has had to work in an Accounts Payable environment previously as a Ledger Controller minimum
- Good problem solving skills, good attention to detail and an analytical approach
- AAT qualification preferred
- Respects others’ expertise, time, perspectives and contribution.
- Takes responsibility for delivering on actions, achieving high-standards and learning from mistakes
- Open to change, new ideas and suggestions; looks for opportunities for improvement and self-development
- Works with others outside their own department in a collaborative, understanding, and, engaging way.
- up to £24,941 per annum full time
- up to £20,091 per annum part-time
POSTED: 09 May 2022 JOB ID: BB/MUS/AP/25715