Accountant (Payroll & Cost Control)
Middle East SALARY: 8,000 AED - 10,000 AED PER: Month TERM: Permanent
My Client is an International Oil & Gas company who have been operating internationally for over 50 years. The organisation is currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join their Payroll department in Sharjah.
Job Summary and Scope of ResponsibilitiesMAJOR FUNCTIONS
Posts financial transactions and reconciles accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial data and compliance with all internal/regulatory protocols. Prepares Accounting/Financial reports by analysing related Accounting data. Reports to the Senior Manager, Payroll & Cost Control
Primary Duties and ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Transaction Processing and Procedural Compliance
- Processes ledger and books entries according to stated Accounting procedures, identifies routine errors and anomalies so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner
- Calculates posts and verifies entries to obtain and record financial data to be used in maintaining Accounting and statistical records for the organisation and affiliated companies.
- Performs accounts receivable/payable activities in accordance with the organisations Accounting principles to ensure accurate documentation and internal reporting of employee and vendor accounts receivable/payable within the company.
- Ensures that all transactions and reports are processed according to internal procedures and guidelines so that the company fulfils all legislative reporting requirements.
Accounting and Financial Reports
- Creates reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review and verification.
- Prepares summaries of the company’s on-going projects by gathering relevant data and documents such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements.
- Examines and analyses Accounting/Financial statements to assess completeness, accuracy and conformity with the company’s accounting procedural standards.
- Analyses ledgers and accounts to allow the reconciliation of financial data according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an on-going basis and statutory reports can be produced within legislative time limits.
- Provides monthly bank reconciliations and ensures proper journals of cash book are maintained.
Data Accuracy and Documentation
- Identifies, investigates and rectifies routine errors and anomalies in data and reports so that all financial data can be relied upon.
- Maintains financial files and information in a way that allows ease of retrieval of information and reports.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Payroll & Cost Control on all work processing activities.
- Should be well versed in creating neat and presentable reports. Preference to candidate with strong Excel VBA, Power query and Power BI skills.
- Liaises with Internal stakeholders and obtains information to enable timely close of accounting and payroll processes.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all staff within the organisation.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Maintains professional and technical Accounting/Financial knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications. Shares knowledge with and recommends subsequent actions to senior management.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Part Qualified ACCA candidate will be preferred.
Minimum Professional Experience Required- 2 to 4 years relevant Accounting experience
- Should have good experience in SAP HCM and payroll
POSTED: 20 Jul 2022 JOB ID: JPGA002