Has the digital nomad lifestyle captured your attention recently? Around 35 million individuals have adopted to work and live from absolutely anywhere. The idea of having the flexibility to manage…
Looking for a new job is a job within itself. For any of you who struggle to balance job hunting with your current working life, here are some tricks to help you manage your search time more efficiently and effectively.
1. Identify the recruitment agencies that will most likely be able to help. Agencies do tend to specialise in a particular industry sector. Register yourself with a selective range of agencies who you know can suggest positions that fit your requirements. The best way to do this is to follow the roles advertised on the agency websites.
2. With digital technology advancing, gone are the days of traipsing through hundreds of newspaper job advertisements. Utilise the array of job boards and apply for those positions that interest you most.
3. Tiger Recruitment advertises roles on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. By liking or following these pages, you can receive updates on positions we are currently recruiting for.
4. Make sure you have your admin well-organised prior to your search. A prepared, up-to-date CV that can be easily tweaked if necessary will benefit you hugely. It’s is a good idea to keep a spreadsheet of the roles you have applied for and the agency name/contact for reference.
5. Think about what you would be happy to accept as a salary, and be realistic about your prospects. This will help you secure the best outcome for yourself when it comes to negotiating the contract with a new employer.
6. Before you start interviewing, identify an outfit that you can wear to most interviews. This way, it will remove the stress of deciding what to wear and ensure you can present relaxed and comfortable.
7. Being proactive is the most important thing when job searching. Put yourself out there – you never know if you don’t try!